Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A week ends, and fall begins.

I haven't seen much music on the streets lately. The transition from summer to fall is upon us, this entire summer has been a bit of a transition. A lot of street performers are no longer playing the streets. The Opera singer that sang in Harvard square was not here this summer. Ari also seems to have quit playing the street, although I hope that she occasionally will grace the street with her guitar. This also means that people are moving on into the clubs, as the subway is a transitory experience it also makes sense that the musicians move on as well. The last time I saw Bob Sundstrom the banjo player, he stated that he would not be playing the subway for awhile due to gigs that he has.














This image was posted from the third life website


I did see two young men who call themselves The Third Life playing at Park St. They were singing in harmony with nice guitar parts. One of them would play a bass run, meanwhile the other would compliment that with a jangley response There Harmonies sound great for the subway, the crowd loved them, actually clapping which is a rare underground occurance. I'm not a huge fan of this style of music, to happy, and bouncy for my taste, but my taste was the minority on the Red Line tonight. I would like to say thanks for playing.


This image was posted from the third life website

http://www.thethirdlife.com/pages/7/index.htm

No comments: