Thursday, October 06, 2005

Gifrants Subway Musician


Gifrants subway musician
Originally uploaded by SonicGrass.
Well its one minute until Friday and I have to get some sleep but thought that I would add a few quick photos, of the musicians I hope to see, as the nights stretches through the day, and the evening falls into the night.

In the morning I would like to hear a bit of Gifrants, who plays his own version of Haitian Pop music. Coming home I would love to catch Ari, or Bob Sundstrom the banjo player at Park Street.

I hope to see this young lady Friday Night at the Harvard Square stop.

09-21-05_1925


Her name is Jamie Mclaughlin, she uses something like a red beat box (is it a Roland?), microphone and a subway amp to make subway trip hop. She sings along with the psyche-beats that she generates and they fit well into the subway until the train comes screeching through the tunnel.

She used to have dread locks now she has a Mohawk, I like the Mohawk and the music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from a NYC subway musician!
I like your blog - maybe someday I would chance to meet all these wonderful subway musicians you have up there.

All the best,

'Saw Lady'
http://www.SawLady.com/blog